The RS-Adult questionnaire (A-RSQ) has been recently developed for use in adult populations. In 685 adults who completed the measure over the internet, the measure had the following characteristics:
- Mean = 8.61
- Standard Deviation = 3.61
- Range = 1.00 - 24.22
In the first published study employing the A-RSQ (n=87), the measure had the following characteristics:
- Mean = 8.99
- Standard Deviation = 3.60
- Internal consistency (alpha) = .74
How to Score:
- Calculate a score of rejection sensitivity for each situation by multiplying the level of rejection concern (the response to question a) by the reverse of the level of acceptance expectancy (the response to question b).
- The formula is: rejection sensitivity = (rejection) * (7-acceptance expectancy)
- Take the mean of the resulting 9 scores to obtain the overall rejection sensitivity score.
Click here to download A-RSQ
Click here to download: Berenson, K. R., Gyurak, A., Ayudak, O., Downey, G., Garner, M. J., Mogg, K., Bradley, B. P., & Pine (2009). Rejection sensitivity and disruption of attention by social threat cues. Journal of Research in Personality, 43, 1064-1072. Study 2 contains psychometric and validity information of the A-RSQ.